SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Friday, January 30, 2015

The Desires of the Heart


               
What are your dreams exactly? Are they to one day become a famous actress, model, entrepreneur, millionaire, singer, author or all of the above! I see people talk online on social media like Facebook and Twitter and they are just so unhappy with their lives because things are not going their way. What is it that you are living for? Or better yet who? I recently had a quiet time in my living room where I sat in my couch and read some scriptures from the Bible. Here are a couple of verses that stuck out to me:

"The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. The LORD will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the LORD your God that I gave you this day, and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom."-Deuteronomy 28:12-13

After reading this I had to ask myself, am I carefully following the commands of the LORD? Sometimes we really need to take the time to stop, listen, and wait for the LORD to show us what to do. By submitting to his will for our lives, we won't have to worry about how our dreams will come true, because God knows the desires of our hearts. There are plenty of dreams that I have for myself and for my husband, and I know as long as I follow the scripture and live righteously they will come true if it is in God's will.

Post a Comment